During my sabbatical, I was watching our son’s team play a softball game against their teachers. A ball was thrown hard to make a play, but the first baseman missed the catch and it headed straight for me. I blocked it with my foot, resulting in a deep bone bruise, and crutches. I was so miffed! Sabbatical was supposed to be about having the freedom to go and do, and this meant I was not going and doing much. Then I came to this familiar passage, and the Lord highlighted. “He makes me lie down”. Makes. Enforced rest when I think I know better. Imposed on me in places that are restorative. He knows us better than we know ourselves. It reshaped my perspective on what He was up to.
Are there any ways the Lord is forcing rest on you right now? Are there places He is making you stop? What restoration is He longing to give you? Will you let Him?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in the bulletin.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor (on sabbatical) and his family.
- Pray for our Lead Team Pastor Intern, Robyn Crown.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.