Careless words are highlighted in this passage, but not just the words. Jesus talks about how our words reflect the condition of our heart. What about the time we say something impatient or rude to a cashier, or voice a needless opinion or rant on Twitter or Facebook? What about our criticism or judgement of that person down the pew, or up on stage? How are we dividing our spiritual houses against themselves, and allowing the enemy to have free reign to destroy the testimony that comes from our mouths? Jesus is very serious about how our words reflect Him or the enemy.
What positive, encouraging, faith-filled words can you speak today? What fruit is your mouth bearing? How is the Holy Spirit convicting you of the overflow of your heart in your words?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in our program.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.
- Pray for our office staff: Robin Radke and Naomi Voss; Bookkeeper Lynette Carlson.