A few months ago, my father preached on this passage in Portuguese, at the Brazilian Church here in Edmonton. He talked about the costly treasure and pearl. One was found by accident, and because of its value, was pursued. One was sought after, found, and highly valued. These were the points of his sermon:
The Kingdom of God is costly because…
1) It cost God the Father His only, beloved Son (John 3:16).
2) It cost the Son His life (Matt. 17:22-23).
3) It costs those who follow Him all they have and are (John 9:23-24).
4) It costs an eternity away from God for those who reject Him and walk away (2 Thess. 1:8-9).
Do you realize the value of the Kingdom of God? Has it cost you your life and all you have? We consecrate all, to be given it again, to live and use for God’s Kingdom. Frances Ridley Havergal wrote the hymn “Take My Life and Let it Be”. She mentions hands, feet, voice, lips, silver and gold, intellect, will, heart and love, myself. Is it all on the altar?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in our program.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.
- Pray for our office staff: Robin Radke and Naomi Voss; Bookkeeper Lynette Carlson.