I will extol the Lord with all my heart
in the council of the upright and in the assembly.
2 Great are the works of the Lord;
they are pondered by all who delight in them.
3 Glorious and majestic are his deeds,
and his righteousness endures forever.
4 He has caused his wonders to be remembered;
the Lord is gracious and compassionate.
5 He provides food for those who fear him;
he remembers his covenant forever.
6 He has shown his people the power of his works,
giving them the lands of other nations.
7 The works of his hands are faithful and just;
all his precepts are trustworthy.
8 They are established for ever and ever,
enacted in faithfulness and uprightness.
9 He provided redemption for his people;
he ordained his covenant forever—
holy and awesome is his name.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
all who follow his precepts have good understanding.
To him belongs eternal praise.
Alright, no passive reading today. Verse two of this powerful Psalm says, ‘Great are the works of the Lord’. Do you believe that? The word ‘great’ can mean many things. For each meaning supply a list of the Lord’s greatness. Great:
- As in unusually large in size/dimensions
- As in large numbers
- As in considerable power/intensity
- As in wonderful/first rate
- As in extreme or notable degree
Now prayerfully look over your list. Don’t try to put God in a box. Holy and awesome is His name! His praise endures forever!
- Pray for Pastor Sam and his family.
- Pray for our Pastoral Care Pastor, Sharon Harewood.
- Pray for all of our small group leaders and coaches.
- Pray for the Pastoral Staff as they meet this morning.
- Pray that God would draw people to Himself through the ministry of our church.
- Pray for Prime Minister Harper, Premier Redford, Mayor Mandel, your MP, your MLA, and any other government officials God brings to mind.