- McKernan Child Development Centre employs nine full time staff and a director.
- The daycare averages an enrollment of 35 children ages 8 months - 5 years.
- Families come to us from all over the world as many are researchers, professors, visiting professors, or PhD. students. Many come from countries where Christianity is not accepted.
- We have been in operation since November 1997
- We have a board made up of a Chairperson (from the church), Director of the daycare, a church representative and parent representative(s).
- The average education level of our staff is two years college in early childhood development.
- The level of education for the director is currently a diploma in early childhood education (Level 3 with Honours), elementary education courses from the University of Lethbridge and several years of experience working both in the classroom as a developmental specialist, preschools, and as a field placement instructor for the ECE program at Lethbridge Community College.
- The day care operates with fees collected from the parents and a grant from U of A. At this time, there is no fundraising component required with enrollment. For information about subsidies available click here.
- The centre operates Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- McKernan Child Development Centre is an accredited daycare which means that we have met very intensive criteria and our standards are much higher than the minimum government requirements.
- McKernan Child Development Centre is operated as an outreach through McKernan Baptist Church showing God's love in a practical way by serving the families and children who come into our midst.