1 Sing to the Lord a new song,
for he has done marvelous things;
his right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.
2 The Lord has made his salvation known
and revealed his righteousness to the nations.
3 He has remembered his love
and his faithfulness to Israel;
all the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.
4 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
5 make music to the Lord with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,
6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn —
shout for joy before the Lord, the King.
7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.
8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
let the mountains sing together for joy;
9 let them sing before the Lord,
for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
and the peoples with equity.
“sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvellous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him…” (v 1). This passage talks about having a new song about what God has done in our hearts or through our lives. Do you think of yourself as a song writer? Do you ever have a song singing in your heart? Have you ever tried writing a new song, expressing for the first time some thanksgiving and praise to God? Take a moment and try to write some words that express how you feel today, maybe a sad song or maybe a happy song, or maybe a song of request and longings. This passage reminds us that our relationship with God and our communication should remain fresh; it should express where we are today. We should not get into a routine the same as last year or last month. What new song can you sing today?
Apply: Think of some new way you have experienced God and sing to him about that!
- Pray through the prayer page in the bulletin.
- Pray for Pastor Neil. Pray that God would restore his health during his medical leave.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Adult Ministries Pastor. Pray for his family and the effectiveness of his ministry.
- Pray for the ministry of the Mustard Seed Street Church.
- Pray for these missionaries our church supports, Richard and Lori Barcelona.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.