What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is…
● A child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
● A congregation member who is confirmed in this role because of his or her
● A caring Christian friend who really listens, cares, prays, supports, and
● A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing high-quality,
distinctively Christian care and continues to develop skills through peer
● Someone who meets faithfully on a regular basis with his or her care receiver for
as long as there is a need.
● Not a counselor, therapist, problem-solver or casual visitor.
Has the Lord called you to a ministry of encouragement and compassionate
Please prayerfully consider becoming a Stephen Minister.
To learn more about becoming a Stephen Minister at McKernan Baptist Church please
contact Pastor Mike.