Why we exist
We exist to become a community of fully devoted and developed followers of Jesus Christ who are pursuing right relationship with God, with one another and with our neighbours.
OUR CORE PRIORITIES
We will Glorify God as we Authentically Pursue…
A Growing Relationship with Jesus Christ
- We are committed to Spirit-empowered transformation from the inside out by which we increasingly reflect the character, priorities, and passion of Christ in our everyday lives.
- We are committed to life-long learning directed by the Bible that impacts our thoughts, emotions, and actions.
- We are committed to create space for God to form us through the intentional practice of spiritual disciplines.
Caring Relationships with One Another
- We are committed to building an environment of grace and truth where each person is challenged and encouraged toward growth in their spiritual journey.
- We are committed to building a supportive environment where needs are safely shared and appropriately met.
- We are committed to the family of God in its intergenerational and intercultural diversity.
- We are committed to serve according to our God-given design.
- We are committed to stewarding our resources and processes with godly order.
Meaningful Relationships with Our Neighbours
- We are committed to “be a blessing” within the various contexts Christ has placed us.
- We are committed to extend the love and truth of Christ to our geographical neighbourhood, our city, our region, our nation, and our world as God opens opportunities to us.
- We are committed to the pursuit of godly justice and mercy in the world, led by the truth and compassion of Christ.
- We are committed to support the people of our congregation as they seek to impact those in their various spheres of influence.
McKernan Baptist Church is a member of the North American Baptist (NAB) Conference of churches. The North American Baptist Conference has prepared a statement of beliefs that explains more fully our Baptist understanding of the Christian faith. The purpose that guided the NAB Conference in writing and the use that we intend for this declaration are to:
- further the sense of identity and the spirit of unity within our North American Baptist Conference by declaring our common doctrinal understanding
- provide a basis for doctrinal instruction within our conference
- provide a basis for doctrinal discussions in the hiring of conference personnel
- serve as a reference point when opinions differ
- provide a basis for doctrinal discussion in admitting new churches and new pastors into our various associations
- provide a doctrinal guide for new churches
- give a doctrinal witness beyond our conference
Statement of Beliefs
McKernan Baptist Church
Statement of Beliefs and Affirmation of Marriage
NAB Statement of Beliefs and Affirmation of Marriage