John 6:63-69; Romans 12:1-2
As we continue with our theme, “20/20 Vision; Life as God Intends,” we are currently in a series focusing on godly core values seen “up close and personal.” Today we will look at the value of discipleship. While I’m sure we would easily affirm the value of being a disciple of Jesus as an abstract concept, we will look at what this means practically. Essentially we will see that a disciple of Jesus is a follower of Jesus, one who believes Jesus’ words provide the true source of life and who is committed to having her or his life increasingly transformed by Jesus.
- Peter affirmed that Jesus’ words truly were the words of life. To what degree do you share this affirmation with Jesus?
- What are some ways in which you recognize your view of life being shaped more by culture than by the words of Jesus? What might it look like for you to more intentionally be shaped by Jesus’ loving truth?
- After listening to this morning’s message, how do you believe God is asking you to respond?
- Ask God to work in the hearts of all who will be attending our services today.
- Pray for all who will be involved in our services today.
- Pray that God would effectively be at work in our church and in all His churches throughout our city today.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Director, Jerilyn Bayer, her interns Bailey Garbutt, Blythe Knapczyk, Emma Chang, Katia Huellstrung, Kesia Silva, Kiersten Moline, Precious Okome, Sunita Faszer, and her Ministry Assistant Annette Faszer.