I heard on the radio that research has shown 50% of New Year’s resolutions are broken before the year is over. I was actually surprised that the percentage of those who have kept their resolutions was that high, for we are people who break our word, commitments and promises, hindering our relationship to God, and others.
Today’s passage points out that we must keep the commitments, vows and promises we make. This is what God’s intends for His people. We should be people of truth that live a life consistent with our words. We commit our lives to each other in marriage, to raise our children in the ways of the Lord, to use our career with integrity and work towards the good of humanity. We promise to pray, to call, to get together. How easy it is to fail.
I recently read, “God does not supply us with character, He gives us the life of His Son and we can either ignore Him and refuse to obey Him, or we can so obey Him, so bring every thought and imagination into captivity, that the life of Jesus is manifested in our mortal flesh”(Oswald Chambers). May our words and lives manifest Jesus.
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in our program.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.