Isaiah 58:6-10, Matthew 25:31-46
This week our prayer emphasis has centred on our relationship with “our neighbours.” In today’s passages, the Bible expands our understanding of our neighbour to include those around us in tangible need. It is often much easier to stay within our comfort zone and reach out primarily to others who are like us. This can keep us quite insulated from the significant physical needs experienced by many people right in our own community. If we wonder where to start in loving our underprivileged neighbour, we get some helpful perspective in Matthew 25, where Jesus does not tell His followers to change the plight of the world. Instead, He challenges us to reach out to the difficult plight of the person He places in front of us. As individuals and as a church, may we be open to the marginalized people in our community whom God would have us love in practical ways.
Ask God to open your eyes to the tangible needs experienced by the poor in our community. Ask Him also to guide us, individually and corporately, to whom and in what practical ways we should extend His love. Pray also for the Christian ministries extending God’s love to the poor and marginalized in our city.
- Pray for our Lead Team Pastor, Terry Okken and his family.
- Pray for Erin Gibbard, Youth Ministry Assistant.
- Pray for all our small group leaders and our Small Group Intern, David Unsworth.
- Pray for the continuing ministry of International Student Ministries.
- Pray for Eric Peters, Facility Manager; Custodians, Adit Gamble, Stan Goodnough and Anne King; Assistant Facilities Manager, Joe Richards.