1 Peter 3:1-7
This is a loaded passage, and my concern is that this 200 word devotional will only complicate matters if I try to provide more information. So, please allow me to lean more into transformation, for that is our utmost goal.
Over recent years, we have witnessed many of our leaders fall from their respected status. Sometimes, their crisis appears like a sudden failure. I think it is not really sudden at all, but is something that has been below the surface for quite some time. The depth of character that we see in verse 4 goes beyond gender or marital role. Take a few minutes to meditate upon the beautiful calling that is provided in that verse. Please don’t rush this. That calling is for Divine Love to saturate every part of our lives. The people that you meet today will likely not remember the information you give them, but they will never forget the kind of person that you are. The worth of our inner life will permanently affect the lives of others, one way or the other. By His grace, God is calling us to deep character that will provide stability in every relationship we are in.
What kind of person are you becoming? I’d love to help you discern your next steps.
- Pray for the Prime Minister, Premier Kenney, Mayor Iveson, your MP, your MLA, and any other government officials God brings to your mind.
- Pray for Dave Schneider, our Youth Ministry Pastor.
- Pray for Karen Alksne, our Congregational Life Ministry Assistant.
- Pray for all our small group leaders and our Small Group Intern, David Unsworth.
- Pray for our office staff: Robin Radke, Jane Hao, Naomi Voss; Bookkeeper Lynette Carlson.