- McKernan Child Development Centre employs eleven full time educators, a director and a team lead.
- The daycare averages an enrollment of 45 children ages newborn - 6 years.
- Families come to us from all over the world as many are researchers, professors, visiting professors, or PhD. students. Many come from countries where Christianity is not accepted.
- We have been in operation since November 1997
- As a ministry of MBC, operations and larger decisions are overseen by the MBC board in consultation of the director and the Executive Pastor who oversees her role. Day to day operations and programming decisions are determined by the MCDC team. Parent reps are consulted throughout the year on various issues that are being discussed and larger decisions being made.
- The average education level of our staff is two years college in early childhood development.
- The level of education for the director is currently a diploma in early childhood education (Level 3 with Honours), elementary education courses from the University of Lethbridge and several years of experience working both in the classroom as a developmental specialist, preschools, and as a field placement instructor for the ECE program at Lethbridge Community College. The director is also a Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE®) Associate™- one of 2 in all of Canada.
- MCDC will be a hub for RIE® certified training in the upcoming year for educators in the province.
- The day care operates with fees collected from the parents and a grant from U of A. At this time, there is no fundraising component required with enrollment. For information about subsidies available please contact us.
- The centre operates Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
MCDC’s team are all active members with AECEA the professional association for Early childhood educators here in Alberta
McKernan Child Development Centre is operated as an outreach through McKernan Baptist Church showing God's love in a practical way by serving the families and children who come into our midst.