The Good News
Salvation Begins with God(Jeremiah 31:3; John 6:44; Revelation 3:20)
God who is loving and merciful desired to have fellowship with humans even after we sinned so, knowing they would sin He presented His divine solution—His plan of salvation. Salvation starts with God. He knows everything and He knew people would sin against Him. He initiates salvation by drawing us to Himself.
Jesus Christ - The Gift from God(John 14:6; 2 Corinthians 9:15; 1 Timothy 2:5-6; 1 Peter 3:18;
The only solution to our sin problem is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God sent by God into the world. Jesus lived a sinless life and fulfilled God’s perfect standards that we could not because of our sinful nature. Salvation is a free gift from God to anyone who personally puts their confidence in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.
The Bible testifies that Jesus Christ is no ordinary person:
- He is more than just a prophet, a good teacher or another religious leader;
- He is God who became a man (John 1:14);
- Jesus is the eternal, pre-existent Son of God who willingly took on the body of a man (Romans 8:3);
- Was virgin born (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23);
- Became our sinless substitute (2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15; 1 John 3:5);
- Was killed on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins (Romans 5:6-10);
- Jesus was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Philippians 2:5-11);
- He ascended into heaven (Acts 1:1-11) and is our advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1) who will one day return as the Righteous Judge (John 5:22; Revelation 19:11-12).
The Holy Spirit is God (Matthew 28:19). His relationship to the unbelieving world is to restrain evil and to convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8). His work among believers is to regenerate, seal, indwell, comfort, pray, endue, teach, guide, and sanctify. He empowers believers to live the Christian life (Acts 1:8).
Responding to God’s call of salvation is easy and is the most important decision you will ever make in your life. It is the only hope that we have of going to heaven. Becoming a Christian means you receive God’s gift of salvation which comes by accepting Jesus Christ into your heart.