For us to really comprehend this passage, we must give some consideration to the way Jesus has been in the face of the religious elite. His righteous anger has pulled the mask off the powerful to expose them for who they really are. The influential Sanhedrin have grown to hate Jesus and all those who walk alongside Him. Joseph of Arimathea is risking everything held dear to leaders (identity, livelihood, finances, etc.) by identifying himself with Jesus. It was not Jesus’ biological family, nor His beloved disciples that put their neck on the line by going to Pilate. Joseph’s love for Jesus could not be contained. He stepped out when it was his opportunity to stand for what he knew was right. It was on that day Joseph was not just an admirer. He became a witness for Jesus, and his life would never be the same. Today’s culture minimizes and desecrates Jesus, and most things that He holds dearest. Many may think that ‘God is dead’. In reality, He is inviting us to step out and embrace the compelling lifestyle of being a witness for His magnificent Kingdom. How is Jesus inviting you to abandon your comfort zone and experience the mission of being a witness for Him?
- Pray for the Prime Minister, Premier Notley, Mayor Iveson, your MP, your MLA, and any other government officials God brings to mind.
- Pray for Dave Schneider, Youth Ministry Pastor and his interns Ben Cheung and Jessica Del Genio.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.
- Pray for our Congregational Life Pastor, Mike Bartusek and his family.
- Pray for all our small group leaders.