During the past month we have learned so much from the life of David. David has struggled through some blunders as well as demonstrated immense character. All throughout, he has remained a ‘man after God’s heart’. Verse 6 truly contains words of praise which reveal that without really being aware, David has built an excellent resume, which includes heartfelt loyalty. God is instructing us to see that the truest form of loyalty is driven not by compulsion or bribery; rather, the truest form of loyalty is driven by a loving relationship. Where there is love, there will be loyalty. God hates disloyalty, because there is no love in that. We can never hide it from His eyes. God hears when we are off in a corner somewhere slandering someone. We think only our buddy heard it, but we are wrong. God heard us. How are you fighting against having a divisive spirit in your workplace, family or church? Loyalty to one another flows from being loyal to God. “…the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him” (2 Chronicles 16:9). How will you build your resume with loyalty today?
- Pray for the Prime Minister, Premier Notley, Mayor Iveson, your MP, your MLA, and any other government officials God brings to mind.
- Pray for Dave Schneider, our Youth Ministry Pastor.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.
- Pray for our Congregational Life Pastor, Mike Bartusek and his family.
- Pray for Karen Alksne, our Congregational Life Intern.