Coming right on the heels of yesterday’s passage where we saw that Peter and John were treated harshly for standing for Jesus, today the pace does not slow down. Rather than moaning that their plight is too heavy, they break out in captivating prayer. Reading verse 28 reminded me of two things I was taught many years ago. First, nothing, absolutely nothing, occurs that has not first been passed through the hands of God. There is nothing that surprises God. His sovereign and perfect control is over all things. Secondly, everything that I endure is designed to prepare me for serving others more effectively. What has occurred, what is currently happening, and anything that will occur has purpose. These crucial truths carried the early church through the intense persecution that came upon them. It caused them to trust God to empower them to persevere through all situations with an attitude of joy.
What lie needs to be dismissed so that you can more clearly see God as He actually is? What is challenging you to truly trust God with a lifestyle that radically and boldly testifies of His worth? What community is God inviting you to embrace for His glory?
- Pray for the Prime Minister, Premier Notley, Mayor Iveson, your MP, your MLA, and any other government officials God brings to mind.
- Pray for Dave Schneider, our Youth Ministry Pastor.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.
- Pray for our Congregational Life Pastor, Mike Bartusek and his family.
- Pray for Karen Alksne, our Congregational Life Intern.