Eugene Peterson writes, “This Psalm of ascent is to people who’ve expended much effort to journey to Jerusalem, but their hard work in getting there on this pilgrimage isn’t what’s to be celebrated”, nor are any of our own self efforts in our work. Our work isn’t the centre, He’s the centre. Unless God builds and guards, unless we have the perspective that we can work hard but He’s the source of life and confidence, we’re really missing the point of our journey.
Are there any areas where you’re depending on your own self-effort to get you through or succeed? How can you renew your trust in the Lord’s work? How can you rest in His care?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in the bulletin.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor (on sabbatical) and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.