Recent media reports have told us of some well-known celebrities who have declared faith in Christ. Certainly I have no knowledge of these people personally or their heart, but I find it ironic that often the greatest criticism for these reports comes from believers who doubt, or are critical of these new-found stories of conversion. In this chapter, Jonah in essence declares, “let me die now, your grace is too abundant for others. I only want the grace that’s for me”. We’d rather God judge others but give grace to us, setting ourselves up to be the dispenser of grace as we see fit. How much I need God’s heart that is slow to anger, unrelenting in love and soft and compassionate to all.
Recount a time recently where the Lord has shown you compassion, was slow to anger, or abounding in love. Is there someone who needs grace, mercy and forgiveness from you today? How can you give as you’ve been given?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in our program.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.