1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:5
There is a word in the Portuguese language that is difficult to translate: “saudade”. It is described as an intense longing/homesickness/deep desire to re-live a relationship or place. I believe that what Paul is describing is “saudade”. His greatest desire is to re-connect with his beloved “spiritual children” and be assured of their steadfastness in the Lord. The greatest reward in ministry is to be part of the re-birth and growth of those God has brought our way. Paul, not being able to go see them personally, sends Timothy to strengthen and encourage them, and of course, bring a report back to him.
Who is your deepest longing for? Is there a special person/place from the past where your spiritual connection was so meaningful that you would love to re-live it? There is great consolation knowing that even if distance and circumstance have separated personal spiritual bonds, eternity is ours, and we will never again suffer “saudade”.
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in our program.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.