When I read the portion for today’s devotional, I could hardly believe it. Did Isaiah know that there was a pandemic happening in our time? His words seem written exactly for today: “You are not to say it is a conspiracy! And you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it. It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, And He shall be your dread. Then He shall become a sanctuary.”
Dear reader, we don’t need to panic with all the bad news from our secular media. The LORD of hosts is holy! Without fault or mistake. Fear Him. Love, serve, obey, worship Him. Trust in Him only.
Isaiah says, “I will wait for the LORD… the LORD hears his children.” Those who trust in Him can relax. The LORD will be our sanctuary, a safe haven. Paul seems to pick up that thought in Philippians 4:6, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
Instead of joining the “freaky future frenzy “, let us bring our requests to the throne of the LORD of hosts. And let us pray that others will be pointed to our Heavenly Father by the peace they see displayed in our lives.
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer section in our online program.
- Pray for our Congregational Life Pastor, Mike Bartusek and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for Eric Peters, Facility Manager; Custodians, Adit Gamble, Stan Goodnough and Anne King; Assistant Facilities Manager, Joe Richards.