Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen and to share
God’s love with you, can help get you through the confusion, stress or loneliness you
may be experiencing. Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one
another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the
love and care they need to support them.
Now taking applications for Stephen Ministry training.
To Learn more about becoming a Stephen Minister or to receive an application form please email Pastor Mike.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry, whereby trained and
supervised lay people provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation
and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. These difficulties may
● Loss of a loved one
● Divorce or separation
● Loneliness or discouragement
● Spiritual crisis
● Terminal or chronic illness
● Unemployment or a job crisis
● Many other life changes
To inquire about receiving the care of a Stephen Minister for yourself or for someone
you know, please contact Pastor Mike.
How does the referral process work?
● A person--you, a relative, or a friend--is hurting and in need of Christian care and
reaches out to the Pastoral Staff here at MBC.
● If it is determined that Stephen Ministry is a good fit for the person’s situation and
with their permission, information is provided to the Stephen Ministry Referrals
● The Referrals Coordinator meets with the person to talk about Stephen Ministry
and the need for care experienced by the person.
● With the person’s permission and prayerful consideration, the Referrals
Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to regularly meet with the person, usually
on a weekly basis.
● The Stephen Minister continues to provide distinctively Christian care for the
person with strict confidentiality and under peer supervision.