Our desire is to see the children grow as Jesus did, seen in John 2:52 “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”
Programs Being Offered During COVID
- Nursery/Pre-school care (0-age 2) will not be provided, but families can register to sit at a table in the Chapel, where the service will be livestreamed. You can bring your own toys or snacks for the little ones. The “Quiet Room” will be available downstairs in classroom #8 where there will be a livestream as well as a change station.
- As you enter the Lobby, you will “Check-in” as a family and will be screened. The children (age 3 – Grade 6) will be immediately dropped off downstairs by one parent for Sunday School, the parent then exiting through the stairwell (North or South fire exit).
- The Multipurpose Room will be divided into three big groups – ages 3-5; Grades 1&2; Grades 3&4. There will be a limit of 15 kids per group.
- Grades 5&6 will be in the Youth Room.
- The activities will not involve touching, crowding or shared supplies.
- There will be worship songs, but we will engage with actions only.
- All staff and volunteers will wear a mask.
- There will be complete cleaning of washrooms, supplies and surfaces after each event.
Will masks be required?
- All the children in Sunday School must wear masks.
How do I register my children?
- You may register them online together with your family registration, and you will follow directions in the Lobby as you arrive. They will receive name tags once they are downstairs.
After the service, where do I collect my child(ren)?
- One parent will come downstairs, and we will bring the children to you. You will exit through the stairwells (North or South Fire Exits) as to not overlap on the stairway to the Main floor.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact Pastor Jerilyn: email@example.com or 587-594-4124.
Parents can feel free to participate in the service while their children are cared for by competent volunteers. It is a safe, clean environment that gives ample space to play, explore, crawl and interact with other children their age. For the parents who volunteer, the time spent in the nursery is often a great time of building relationships and strengthening friendships with other parents who have children of the same age. The nursery is available during both services.
QUIET ROOMon hold until further notice
There is a special room set aside for the comfort of parents and babies located across from the Nursery and is available during both services.
This is by far the happiest and most energetic group! They begin their time with free play and then go to the larger setting across the hall for singing and weekly Bible stories. From there they go to the 2-year olds and 3-4 year olds rooms for a snack, a craft to reinforce the learning, and free play time. They are encouraged to learn and share with their parents a monthly key Bible truth.
DAYBREAK on hold until further notice
“Daybreak” group meets on Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 in the Multipurpose Room on the lower floor. This informal get-together to foster play and fellowship is for parents and their children (age 0-4).
Each Sunday begins with a large group time of worship, prayer and experiencing God’s Word. After this, they return to their own rooms to discuss their lesson further while participating in games, crafts and activities. Through God’s Word they will learn that they need to make wise choices, they can trust God always, and they should treat others the way they want to be treated.
On Sunday mornings this age group experiences worship time with their families in the main service and then goes to their class for a Bible lesson, followed by discussions, games and activities. On the first Sunday of every month, they are invited to spend the full service with their families. Every third Friday of the month we provide a monthly activity called “Route 56” to develop stronger relationships and connections.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Serving in the Children’s Ministry is a great way to bring your personal walk with Christ to life! Many incredible rewards come from breathing Christ’s love into another through grace-filled teaching, insightful small group time, or loving storytelling. Realize the true potential of your gifts and talents by coming alongside the families of McKernan Baptist Church. We are welcoming many smiling faces to our team and we hope you will be one of them!