On this first Sunday of Advent, we will focus on the love of God that we celebrate at Christmas. In keeping with this theme, Pastor Lyle will continue his series in Philippians with a message on the freedom God has given us from needing to earn our way back to Him. God’s love has provided forgiveness and restoration far beyond anything we could hope for through our own efforts. Our right standing with God is based totally on what God has done for us in sending His Son to earth to live the life we could not live and ultimately die the death we each deserved.
- When we try to put confidence in what we do for God instead of in what He has done for us, how does this keep us from experiencing the freedom and joy God has for us?
- After listening to this morning’s message, how do you believe God is asking you to respond?
- Ask God to work in the hearts of all who will be attending our services today.
- Pray for all who will be involved in our services today.
- Pray that God would effectively be at work in our church and in all His churches throughout our city today.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Director, Jerilyn Bayer, her interns Bailey Garbutt, Blythe Knapczyk, Emma Chang, Katia Huellstrung, Kesia Silva, Kiersten Moline, Precious Okome, Sunita Faszer, and her Ministry Assistant Annette Faszer.