On this first Sunday of Lent, Pastor Lyle will begin a series of messages that follow the daily Bible readings (John 12-21) at the end of the chapters in the book, “40 Days of Decrease.” Today we look at John 12:20-30, a passage that shows how clearly Jesus was aware of the week of “decrease” that lay ahead of Him. He knew that before He celebrated Resurrection, He would be “lifted up” on a cross and like a grain of wheat, would “fall to the ground and die.” Our Lenten journey thus begins by appropriately calling us to consider what needs to be honestly confronted and surrendered in our own lives so that the new life of Christ can come.
- Where in your life do you long to experience new life and hope? What might you need to surrender in order to give God access to this area of your life?
- Ask God to work in your heart and in the hearts of all who will be attending our services online and in person today.
- Pray that this time of Lent would be significant in your own life and in the life of our congregation.
- Pray that God would effectively be at work in our church and in all His churches throughout our city today.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Pastor, Jerilyn Bayer, her Ministry Assistant Annette Faszer, and interns Nathanael Faszer, Sunita Faszer, and Blythe Knapczyk.