Today Pastor Lyle will begin a short series out of the Psalms entitled, “Beyond What Eyes Can See.” On this Communion Sunday we’ll look at Psalm 13, in which David laments over a continuing time of difficulty (sound familiar?) he is facing. It’s important to notice both David’s honest cry to God as well as His choice to trust in the midst of his struggle. Even though the issue had not yet resolved, David “leaned in” toward God’s character, His promised salvation and His past faithfulness.
- As you read Psalm 13, in what ways can you identify with David?
- How does David’s honesty and trust both encourage you and challenge you?
- Ask God to work in your heart and in the hearts of all who will be attending our services online and in person today.
- Pray that God would effectively be at work in our church and in all His churches throughout our city today.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Pastor, Jerilyn Bayer, her Ministry Assistant Annette Faszer, and interns Nathanael Faszer, Sunita Faszer, and Blythe Knapczyk.