Luke 2:10-12; Revelation 5:1-10
On this Third Sunday of Advent, we light the candle of joy. Truly, the angels’ announcement of Jesus’ birth was one of great joy. As we turn to Revelation 5, we see why His coming brought joy. In the beginning of this scene, we see John weeping in despair because no one is found worthy to open the “scroll.” In context, this scroll contains the description of the destiny of the world. In essence, the question being asked is this, “Who truly knows where this world is headed and has authority to take it to its destined place?” The answer: there is one worthy and He is Jesus, this Lion who is also the Lamb who was slain. In today’s message, we’ll look at how Jesus was able to overcome that which threatens our true and lasting joy.
- In what ways would you describe the birth of Jesus as “good news of great joy?”
- Ask God to work in your heart and in the hearts of all who will be attending our services online or in person today.
- Pray that those who are new to the church will be welcomed and find meaningful relationships.
- Pray for our Children’s Ministry Pastor, Jerilyn Bayer.
- Pray for the Children’s Ministry Associate, Annette Faszer. Pray for the Children’s Ministry Assistants: Abigail, Amelia, Blythe, Clarissa, Domina, Jenna, Sarah, and Sunita.