Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen and to share God’s love with you, can help get you through the confusion, stress or loneliness you may be experiencing. Stephen Ministry is grounded in Jesus’ command to love one another. Through one-to-one caring relationships, those who are hurting receive the love and care they need to support them.
Now taking applications for Stephen Ministry training.
To Learn more about becoming a Stephen Minister or to receive an application form please email Pastor Mike.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry, whereby trained and supervised lay people provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. These difficulties may include:
● Loss of a loved one
● Divorce or separation
● Loneliness or discouragement
● Spiritual crisis
● Terminal or chronic illness
● Unemployment or a job crisis
● Many other life changes
To inquire about receiving the care of a Stephen Minister for yourself or for someone you know, please contact Pastor Mike.
How does the referral process work?
● A person--you, a relative, or a friend--is hurting and in need of Christian care and reaches out to the Pastoral Staff here at MBC
● If it is determined that Stephen Ministry is a good fit for the person’s situation and with their permission, information is provided to the Stephen Ministry Referrals Coordinator
● The Referrals Coordinator meets with the person to talk about Stephen Ministry and the need for care experienced by the person
● With the person’s permission and prayerful consideration, the Referrals Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to regularly meet with the person, usually on a weekly basis
● The Stephen Minister continues to provide distinctively Christian care for the person with strict confidentiality and under peer supervision