We only have to look at today’s news to be discouraged or appalled by some event or circumstance around the world. You’ll quickly find polarization, injustice and sin. In contrast, this psalm is part of a grouping called theocratic or enthronement psalms. They speak about God’s secure reign over all the earth. Here we see God robed in majesty, armed with strength, established from long ago. Dependable, safe, trustable, authoritative. Even when the chaotic floodwaters rise-up and overtly challenge, God stands firm. His character and instruction is trustable. We do not have to be people that wring our hands in fear. He calls us to enthrone Him with our lives, choices, and worship.
What could you do today that would enthrone the Lord? Where is He inviting your trust or a renewal of your attitude? What chaotic floodwaters in your life can you surrender to His capable, loving hands?
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer page in the bulletin.
- Pray for Pastor Dan, our Lead Team Pastor (on sabbatical) and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for our Daycare in its service to children and their families this week. Pray for the director, Kristy Thomas.