I love the energy in this passage. Bartimaeus hears that it is Jesus going by and he immediately begins shouting for mercy. Others try to “shush” him, but he shouts even louder! He knows what Jesus can do for him, and whatever it takes, he wants it! When he gets Jesus’ attention, he throws his cloak aside, jumps to his feet, and comes to Jesus. His faith brings Jesus’ favour, and his sight is restored.
A group of women called Friday morning “Pray Esther”, based on Esther’s fast and prayer. These ladies decided they knew that Jesus could draw their husbands to Himself and bring salvation, and this is what they wanted. Each Friday for months and years, together they prayed and fasted, each in their own home until one by one, their husbands came to Jesus, receiving salvation and following in baptism. I was a close testimony to the fervor of these women and the working of Holy Spirit in drawing each one’s husband to Himself.
Do you know what Jesus can do for you? Do you want it? What action can you take to demonstrate your faith and trust?
James 2:17 says, “In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”
- For those who need to be encouraged in heart and united in love.
- Pray through the prayer section in our online program.
- Pray for our Congregational Life Pastor, Mike Bartusek and his family.
- Pray for our Hospitality Coordinator, Irene Dickau.
- Pray for Erin Gibbard, Youth Ministry Assistant.
- Pray for our office staff: Robin Radke, Jane Hao, Naomi Voss; Bookkeeper Lynette Carlson.